Industrial Accelerators Section Publications
List of Publications of IAS Section
1. Structural Analysis Of An Integrated Model Of Short Straight Section, Service Module, Jumper Connection And Magnet Interconnects For The Large Hadron Collider by Subhajit Dutta, Jishnu Dwivedi, Abhay Kumar, HC Soni (CAT, Indore, India) and Blazej Skoczen (CERN, Geneva, Switzerland) at European Particle Accelerator Conference, July 5-9, 2004, Luzern, Switzerland.
2. The Alignment Jacks of The LHC Cryomagnets by Jishnu Dwivedi, Abhay Kumar, Santosh Giri Goswami, V Madhumurthy, HC Soni (CAT) and Vittorio Parma (CERN, Geneva, Switzerland) at European Particle Accelerator Conference, July 5-9, 2004, Luzern, Switzerland.
3. Radiation Processing of Food by Electron Accelerators - Status in India by HC Soni, NAARI Annual Conference on Development in Electron beam & Gamma Radiation Technology at BARC, Mumbai during April 15-16, 2004.
4. Thermal Design Modification and Operational Performance of Indus-1 Storage Ring RF Cavity by Abhay Kumar, J Dwivedi, SG Goswami, RS Sandha, HC Soni, Asian Particle Accelerator Conference, March 22-26, 2004, Gyeongju, , Korea.
5. Restoration of RF Cavity for Synchrotron Storage Ring INDUS-1 by Jishnu Dwivedi, Abhay Kumar, SG Goswami, RS Sandha, HC Soni, SD Sharma, VK Bhatnagar, AK Jain, SA Pande, Mahendra Lad, PR Hannurkar, P. Ram Sankar, SN Vyas, SK Shukla, RK Sahu. Asian Particle Accelerator Conference, March 22-26, 2004, Gyeongju, Korea.
6. Electron Accelerators for Food Preservation - Where are we in India? by HC Soni, 5th International Food Convention at CFTRI, Mysore during December 5-8, 2003.
7. Comparative Evaluation Of Stresses For Bar-Clip And Ball-Socket Overdenture Attachment Design: A Three Dimensional Finite Element Study by Sumeet Jain (college of dentistry, Indore), Abhay Kumar (CAT) and Deshraj Jain (College of Dentistry, Indore) - presented at World Congress on Prosthodontics, 26-29 November 2003, New Delhi.
8. Multi-Sensor based On-Line Condition Monitoring for Intelligent Manufacturing System by Subhajit Dutta, International Conference for e-Manufacturing, 2002, Bhopal.
9. Processing of Food and Agricultural Commodities with Electron Beam from Microtron by Arun Sharma, Arun Behere, S.S.Jadhav, Ahinsa Kaul, H.C.Soni, S.Ganesh and D.R.Bongirwar, NAARRI International Conference on Applications of Radioisotopes & Radiation Technology (NIC-2001) on Dec. 12-14, 2001 at Mumbai.
10. Monte Carlo Simulation of Dose Profile from Beam Scanner of 750 keV DC Accelerator by V.C.Petwal, R.Pramod, S.C.Bapna, H.C.Soni, NAARRI International Conference on Applications of Radioisotopes & Radiation Technology (NIC-2001), Dec. 12-14, 2001, Mumbai.
11. Status of Indus-1 Synchrotron Radiation Source by .D.Ghodke, D.Angal-Kalinin, A.Banerjee, D.D.Bhawalkar, A.A.Fakhri, P.Fatnani, P.R.Hannurkar, Pradeep Kant, M.G.Karmarkar, S.Kotaiah, Pradeep Kumar, S.P.Mhaskar, S.S.Prabhu, M.Pravinkumar, A.S.Raja Rao, G.K.Sahoo, S.K.Shukla, B.Singh, G.Singh, H.C.Soni and D.K.Vats, APAC-2001 (China).
12. Irradiation by Microtron by H.C.soni & D.D.Bhawalkar, Paper in ICARID-98 held on February 4-6, 1998 at Mumbai. - - 04-Feb-1998.
13. Microtron based Radiotherapy Machine by H.C.Soni, Invited talk in Symposium on Physical & Chemical aspects of Electron Beam Radiotherapy held on September 6-7, 1997 at AIIMS, New Delhi. - - 06-Sep-1997
14. Effect of pH on ultrafiltration through synthetic polyacrylonitrile embranes containing-COOH Groups by T Kobayashi, MS Oak, HY Wang, T Fukaya and N Fujii, 36th UIPAC International Symposium on Macromolecules, Seoul, Korea - - Aug 1996
15. Microtron at Mangalore University by K.Siddappa,Ganesh,K.M.Balakrishna, S.S. Ramamurthi,H.C.Soni,P.Shrivastava,Y.Sheth&R.Hemnani, IPRMA-96, USA - - 1996
16. 8/12 MeV Microtron for Radiation Physics Research by H.C.Soni, R.Hemnani & S.S.Ramamurthi, Invited talk in International Conference on R&D using Electron Accelerators held on September 29-30, 1995 at Mangalore University .
17. Vacuum Sealing Technique for RF Cavities & Microtrons by H.C.Soni, J.Dwivedi, R.Hemnani, KVSR Rao, S.N.Mehra & S.S.Ramamurthi, International Conference on Vacuum Science & Technology & SRS Vacuum System held from January 30 to February 2, 1995 at CAT, Indore
18. Indian Electron Accelerator for treatment of Cancer by H.C.Soni, S.S.Ramamurthi & D.D.Bhawalkar, Invited talk in WHO Workshop on Early Detection of Breast, Cervical & Oral Cancers held on April 12, 1995 arranged by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
19. Design and fabrication of RF cavities for booster synchrotron and electron rings of SRS facility by H.C. Soni et.al, International conference on synchrotron radiation sources ,03-Feb-1992 at CAT, Indore.
20. Microtron development project at CAT by S.S. Marhas.H.C. Soni S.S. Ramamurthy, Indian-Soviet meeting on microtron ,22-Jan-1992 at CAT Indore
21. Technology for INDUS-1 by SS Rammamurthy, HC Soni, MG Karmaker, PR Hannurkar, Indo-USSR seminar on synchrotron radiation sources ,01-Jan-1989
1. Quality assurance in design, manufacturing and supply of precision alighment jacks for LHC, CERN by V Madhu Murthy, J Dwivedi, SG Goswami, Abhay Kumar, HC Soni, CAT, Indore and Vittorio Parma, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland, InPAC-2005, VECC Kolkata, March 1-5, 2005.
2. Scanning Magnet Current Profile And Dose Uniformity Evaluation For ARPF by Abhay Kumar, VC Petwal, S Dutta, RS Sandha, HC Soni, InPAC-2005 at VECC, Kolkatta, March 1-5, 2005, INDIA.
3. Engineering Design, Fabrication And Testing of Prototype Scanning Magnet For ARPF at CAT by Subhajit Dutta, SG Goswami, Abhay Kumar, T Rao ,R Kaul, K Ruwali, HC Soni & AK Nath. InPAC-2005 at VECC, Kolkatta, March 1-5, 2005.
4. Biological shielding design calculation for agricultural radiation processing facility by VC Petwal, RS Sandha, HC Soni, CAT, Indore and KV Subbaiah, IGCAR, Kalpakkam. InPAC-2005 at VECC Kolkata, March 1-5, 2005.
5. Pilot material handling system for radiation processing of agricultural and medical products by RS Sandha, J Negeswar Rao, Jishnu Dwivedi, V.C. Petwal, HC Soni. InPAC- 2005 at VECC Kolkata, March 1-5, 2005.
6. Photoneutron production studies in metallic targets using high-energy electron accelerator by VC Petwal, VK Senecha, HC Soni, S Kotaiah, CAT, Indore and SV Subbaiah, IGCAR, Kalpakkam. InPAC- 2005 at VECC Kolkata, March 1-5, 2005.
7. Irradiation Experiments with 750 keV DC Accelerator by Pankaj Kumar, SC Bapna, SV Venkateswaran, Pramod R, Ajay Kumar, Neeraj Goyal, A Kaul, V.C. Petwal, MS Oak and HC Soni. InPAC- 2005 at VECC Kolkata, March 1-5, 2005.
8. Electron Beam Driven Compact Neutron Source as an Alternative to Spallation Neutron Source by VK Senecha, VC Petwal, HC Soni, S Kotaiah. InPAC- 2005 at VECC Kolkata, March 1-5, 2005.
9. Support system for alignment of Indus-2 magnets by K Sreeramulu, P K Kulshreshta, Jishnu Dwivedi, Laxman Singh, Mangesh Karmarkar. InPAC- 2005 at VECC Kolkata, March 1-5, 2005.
10. Radiation Processing of Food Products with 5 MV Bremsstrahlung x-rays by VC Petwal and HC Soni. Fifteenth Annual Conference of Indian Nuclear Society (INSAC-2004) at BARC, Mumbai, November 15-17, 2004
11. Electron Beam Dosimetry Study for 750 keV DC Accelerator by VC Petwal, Pramod R, A Kaul, SC Bapna and HC Soni. Fifteenth Annual Conference of Indian Nuclear Society (INSAC-2004) at BARC, Mumbai, November 15-17, 2004
12. Microtron - A Source of Electrons for Generation of Neutrons by HC Soni, National Workshop on Neutron Production using Accelerators & Applications at Mangalore University during March 27 & 28, 2004.
13. Radiation Processing of Food Items by Electron Accelerators by HC Soni, National Workshop on Irradiation of Food Items for Quality Upgradation at Mangalore University on 29th September 2003.
14. Proposed Engineering Design of New Radio Frequency Cavity for Indus-1 by Jishnu Dwivedi, Abhay Kumar, R.S.Sandha, H.C.Soni, InPAC-2003 at Indore during February 3-6, 2003.
15. Radiation Curing of Commercial Paint Samples by M.S.Oak, A.Kaul, H.C.Soni, InPAC-2003 at Indore during February 3-6, 2003.
16. Material Handling System for 750 keV, 20 kW DC Accelerator by Pankaj Kumar, S.C.Bapna and H.C.Soni, InPAC-2003 at Indore during Feb. 3-6, 2003.
17. Modeling of Flexible for Structural Analysis of Short Straight Section of Large Hadron Collidor by Abhay Kumar, Subhajit Dutta, Jishnu Dwivedi, H.C.Soni. InPAC-2003 at Indore, February 3-6, 2003.
18. Support and Alignment System of Beam Line Magnets of Radiotherapy Machine by RS Sandha, Jishnu Dwivedi, Abhay Kumar, SG Goswami, HC Soni and RK Sahu. InPAC-2003 at Indore, February 3-6, 2003.
19. Quality Assurance in Design, Manufacturing and Supply of Alignment Jacks for LHC, CERN by V Madhumurthy, Jishnu Dwivedi, SG Goswami, Abhay Kumar, H C Soni. InPAC-2003 at Indore, February 3-6, 2003.
20. Monte Carlo Simulation of the Scattering Foil for EB Food Processing Facility by VC Petwal, R Pramod, HC Soni. InPAC-2003 at Indore, February 3-6, 2003.
21. Field Mapping of Microtron for Radiotherapy Machine by V Madhu Murthy, VC Petwal, KVSR Rao, HC Soni. InPAC-2003 at Indore, February 3-6, 2003.
22. P.C.Based 3-Axis Stepper Motor Control System with Database Support for Radiation field Analyzer by J Nageswar Rao, VC Petwal, HC Soni. InPAC-2003 at Indore, February 3-6, 2003.
23. Mechanical Design And Fabrication Of Pure Permanent Magnet Undulators by Sanjay Chauksey, Vinit Kumar, Abhay Kumar and S Krishnagopal. InPAC-2003 at Indore, February 3-6, 2003.
24. Development of a 10 MeV, 10 kW TW Electron LINAC for Industrial Applications by SA Pande, Nita Kulkarni, M Prasad, S Chouksey, J Dwivedi and PR Hannurkar. InPAC-2003 at Indore, February 3-6, 2003.
25. Cryostat for Superconducting Wiggler Magnet by Pankaj Kumar, Abhay Kumar, CK Ramchandran and SC Bapna, InPAC-2003 at Indore, February 3-6, 2003.
26. TWARAKON KA VIKAS EVAM UNAKE ANUPRAYOG (Hindi) by HC Soni, Public Awareness Programme of INS on Oct. 7, 2001 at Indore.
27. Applications of Accelerators in Industry, Medicine, Agriculture and Environmental Protection - Future Trends by H.C.Soni, Invited Talk INSAC-2001, October 10-12, 2001.
28. Safety Aspects for Accelerator Facilities at CAT by H.C.Soni, M.M.Bemalkhedkar, G.Singh and A.S.Raja Rao, Invited talk in Seminar on Accelerator Safety, Nov. 16-17, 2000 at VECC, Kolkata.
29. Radiation Processing of Food Items by Accelerators by H.C.Soni, Invited Talk in INAE-DAE Seminar on Radiation Processing of Food Products, Nov. 2-3, 2000 Mumbai.
30. Radiation Processing of Food items by EB Accelerators - Future Prospects by H.C.Soni, S.C.Bapna, D.D.Bhawalkar, Invited talk in Workshop on Business Opportunities through Irradiation Centres for Food Products held on March 5, 1999 arranged by MFPI & CII at New Delhi.
31. Development of Microtrons in India by H. C. Soni, Invited talk at NSRP-13 on December 21-23, 1999 at Mangalore University.
32. Microtron - An Accelerator for Radiation Applications by H. C. Soni, Invited talk at NSRP-12 held on January 28-30, 1998 at Jodhpur.
33. A technique for determining electron losses for 20 MeV Microtron by P.Harisha, A.R.Nayak, H.C.Soni, S.K.Mehta and K.Siddappa, NSRP-13 on Dec. 21-23, 1999 at Mangalore University. 21st Dec, 1999.
34. Needs of EB Welding in RF Cavities for Accelerators by H. C. Soni, J. Dwivedi & S.S.Ramamurthi, Paper in Fourth Special Meet on Electron Beam Welding & Laser Material Processing held on May 4-5, 1995 at DRDL, Hyderabad.
35. Safety Aspects of Medical Accelerators by H.C.Soni, Presentation as panel member in Symposium on Radiation Dosimetry & Safety aspects of Medical Accelerators at CMCH, Vellore, 24th Sep-1994.
36. Microtron Project at CAT by HC Soni, Seminar on Microtrons for Research and Applications at Mangalore University, 22-23 October, 1992.
37. Development of electron emitter for microtron by HC Soni, Indo-Soviet meeting on Microtrons, Jan. 22-24, 1992 at CAT, Indore .
38. Microtrons and their applications by H.C. Soni and S.S. Ramamurthy, DAE symposium on Nuclear Physics, 31st Dec-1991.
39. LaB6 high current density emitter by H.C.Soni et. al, Symposium on Microwave power tubes and their applications, 21st Sep-1990.
40. Development of Accelerators at CAT for Medicine, Industry and Agriculture by HC Soni, Third INS Annual Conference on Nuclear Energy Programme - Achievements and Prospects in Medicine, Industry and Agriculture, BARC Mumbai.
1. Synchrotron radiation source Indus - I by Angal-Kalinin, D., Banerjee, A., Hannurkar, P.R., Karmarkar, M.G., Kotaiah, S., Mhaskar, S.P., Nema, P.K., Prabhu, S.S., Pravin Kumar, M., Ramamurthi, S.S., Shukla, S.K., Singh, G., Soni, H.C., Vaidhya, B. J. Current Science 82 3; 3 283-290 Feb. 2002.
2. Radial Dose Distribution from a Suitable Bremsstrahlung Target of Optimum Thickness for Radiotherapy Accelerator by VC Petwal, MM Bemalkhedkar, HC Soni. Journal of Medical Physics.25 3, 130-131 March 2000.
3. Preliminary Dosimetry studies for a Microtron using chemical dosimeters by B.L Gupta, G.R.Narayan, S.R.Nilekani, R.M.Bhat of BARC : A Kaul, M.M.Bemalkhedkar, H.C.Soni of CAT ; S.Ganesh, Y.N.Nagesh and K.Siddappa, Journal of Radiation Protection & Environment. Oct-Dec 1999.
4. Variable Energy Microtron for R&D Work by K.Siddappa, Ganesh, K.M.Balakrishna, S.S.Ramamurthi, H.C.Soni, P.Shrivastava, Y.Sheth & R.Hemanani, Journal of Radiation Physics & Chemistry Vol. 51, 1998.
5. Vacuum Sealing Techniques for RF Cavities and Microtron - J Dwivedi, R Hemnani, KVRS Rao, SN Mehra, HC Soni. Bulletin Of Indian Vacuum Society, Vol.28 No.1, March 1997
6. Design and Development of Microtrons at CAT by HC Soni, MM Bemalkhedkar, PR Hannurkar, S Kotaiah, SS Prabhu, SP Mhaskar, R Bhaskaran, RK Mishra, SA Pande, P Shrivastava, A Banerji, J Dwivedi, RJ Patel, PK Nema, G Singh, SS Ramamurthi. Indian Journal of Physics, Part A 65A 6; 6 455-70 November 1991
7. Development of Accelerators for Radiation Physics at CAT by S.S. Ramamurthy S.K. Shukla, S.C. Joshi, H.C. Soni, Indian society for Radiation Physics ,01-Nov-1991.
CAT Internal Reports:
1. Shielding Design Calculation for Industrial Radiation Processing Facility(IRPF) - V.C.Petwal, S.C.Bapna, H.C.Soni,K. V.Subbaiah.CAT/2004-20
2. Shielding Design Calculation for Radiation Processing Facility for Agricultural Products by V.C.Petwal, R.S.Sandha, H.C.Soni, K. V.Subbaiah (IGCAR, Kalpakkam). CAT/2003-21
3. Determination of Scanning Frequency and Current Profile in Scanning Magnet of RPFAP by VC Petwal, RS Sandha, HC Soni. CAT/2003-20
4. Design and fabrication of Beam extraction system for microtron of radiotherapy machine by Jishnu Dwicedi, R.S. Sandha, H.C. Soni, Madhusudan Jathar, A.G. Bhujle. CAT/2003-19
5. Restoration of RF cavity for synchrotron storage ring Indus-1 by Jishnu Dwivedi, Abhay Kumar, SG Goswami, RS Sandha, HC Soni, SD Sharma, VK Bhatnagar, AK Jain, SA Pande, Mahendra Lad, PR Hannurkar, P. Ram Sankar, SN Vyas, SK Shukla, RK Sahu.CAT/2003-18
6. Evaluation of Current Profile in Scanning Magnet of Radiation Processing Facility by Abhay Kumar, Subhajit Dutta and HC Soni. CAT/2003-16
7. Thermal Design of Modified Indus-1 Cavity by Abhay Kumar, Jishnu Dwivedi, SG Goswami, RS Sandha and HC Soni. CAT/2002-25
8. Deflection, Stress and Normal Mode Analysis of Indus-2 SSS Girder by Abhay Kumar, Jishnu Dwivedi and HC Soni. CAT/2002-22
9. Preliminary Food Irradiation Experiments with Electron Beam from 8 MeV Microtron by Ahinsa Kaul, M.M.Bemalkhedkar & H.C.Soni, CAT internal report CAT/99-09.
10. Characterization of Electron Beam Radiation Field from 8 MeV Microtron by Chemical Dosimetry by Ahinsa Kaul, M.M.Bemalkhedkar & H.C.Soni, CAT internal report CAT/99-08.
11. Astroflex -Aluminium Alloy AA 5083 Flange Combination by Jishnu Dwivedi, DN Verma, SN Mehra and HC Soni. CAT/ 1994-03
12. 20 Mev Microtron-Project Report by H.C. Soni M.M. Bemalkhedkar S.S. Ramamurthi CAT/I/89-9, 1st Jan, 1989
13. Conceptual Design Report for a 15 MeV Linear Electron Accelerator - by H.C. Soni and S.S. Ramamurthi, CAT/I/88-10, 10th July 1988.
CERN Internal Reports:
1. Experimentation for validation of unified FE Model of SSS, jumper connection, interconnection bellows and PMPS Jacks by Abhay Kumar, Subhajit Dutta, Jishnu Dwivedi, Rajeshwer Singh Sandha and HC Soni CERN EDMS No. 496309
2. Structural analysis of the unified model of the Short Straight Section, Service Module, Jumper Connection and Manget Interconnect of LHC by Subhajit Dutta, Abhay Kumar, Jishnu Dwivedi, Rajeshwer Singh Sandha and HC Soni. CERN EDMS No. 440174
3. Compound Motion Jacks For Precision Magnet Positioning System (PMPS Jacks) For LHC Arc Cryomagnets by Jishnu Dwivedi, Abhay Kumar, SG Goswami, V Madhmurthy and HC Soni. CERN EDMS No. 307079.
4. Support Reactions, Operational and Ground Fixation Forces on PMPS Jacks for Arc Cryomagnets of LHC by Jishnu Dwivedi CERN EDMS No. 307077