Indus Accelerator Operation & Radiation Safety System
- Indus Accelerator Operation
- Radiation safety system
- Radiation Instrumentation Activities:
- Team Members:
Indus Accelerator Operation
We contribute in a major way in the regular operation of Indus facility, since members of this group work as Shift-in-charge to lead the operation crews. Other members of IOAPDD also contribute. Operation of Microtron is an additional responsibility, specifically attended by our group.
Upkeep & up gradation Radiation Safety System of Indus Accelerator Complex
For ensuring safety of personnel from radiation, we have devised and installed elaborate Personal Protection system (PPS) and Radiation Monitoring system (RMS) in Indus Accelerator Complex. This includes radiation monitors supplied by BARC and ECIL and data-acquisition, storage and display facility provided by Accelerator Control Section, RRCAT. The PPS consists of search and secure, door interlocks, access control, CCTV and public address facilities. RMS consists of large ensemble of radiation monitors with alarms placed throughout the Complex. These systems cover the machine areas as well as the user beamlines.
Radiation Instrumentation Activities:
- Maintenance & calibration of all Radiation Monitoring Instruments such as AREA RADIATION MONITORS/ BEAM LOSS MONITORS/ ENVIRONMENT RADIATION MONITORS/ NEUTRON FLUX METERS/ NEUTRON REM METERS/SYNCHROTRON RADIATION MONITORS etc. and modification of existing monitors as per requirements of the Health Physics Unit. Health Physics persons are also involved in some of the above activities.
- Design & Development of the PLC & PC based complete SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) system for the propose Radiation Calibration Cell.
- Instrumentation for Radiation Safety System of Indus-1 (oral) – by R.G.Marathe, Yogendra Sheth, G.Haridas, K.K.Thakkar & Gurnam Singh, Accelerator Programme, CAT, Indore, at a Seminar on Accelerator Safety, Nov. 16-17, 2000 at VECC, Kolkata;
- Modified Shielding for Indus-1 Storage ring (oral) – by Shri S.Chouksey, R.G.Marathe, R.K.Sahu, Gurnam Singh & A.S.Rajarao, Accelerator Programme, CAT, Indore, at a Seminar on Accelerator Safety, Nov. 16-17, 2000 at VECC, Kolkata;
- Radiation Safety System for Synchrotron Radiation source Indus-2 (poster) – by D.S.Thakur, R.G.Marathe, R.K.Gupta, Vimal Bhatnagar, K.K.Thakkar, P.Fatnani and Gurnam Singh, RRCAT, Indore at Indian Particle Accelerator Conference, February 3-6, 2003 at RRCAT, Indore;
- Performance of Microtron at Indus facility (poster) – by D.S.Thakur, P.Shrivastava, A.P.Thipsay, K.V.S.R Rao, V.Bhatnagar, R.G.Marathe and Gurnam Singh, RRCAT. Indore at Indian Particle Accelerator Conference, November 1-4, 2006 at BARC, Mumbai;
- Radiation Safety System for Indus Accelerator Complex (poster) – by R.G.Marathe, D.S.Thakur, Vimal Bhatnagar, R.K.Gupta, K.K.Thakkar, P.Fatnani and Gurnam Singh, RRCAT, Indore at Asian Particle Accelerator Conference, January 29- February 2, 2007 at RRCAT, Indore;
- Safety Aspects of Indus Accelerator Complex (oral) - -by R.G.Marathe*, D.S.Thakur, Vimal Bhatnagar, R.K.Gupta, K.K.Thakkar, P.Fatnani & Gurnam Singh of Accelerator Programme, RRCAT, at a Conference on Accelerator and Low Level Radiation Safety, April 26-27, 2007, at IUAC, New Delhi;
- Radiation safety system for synchrotron radiation source Indus-2 facility” by D.S.Thakur et. al. in the proceedings of 15th National Symposium on Radiation Physics (NSRP-15) held at BARC, Mumbai during Nov.14-16, 2003.
- Safety Aspects of Indus SRS Facility by D.S.Thakur, R.G.Marathe & Gurnam Singh in the proceedings of DAE-BRNS 4th Indian Particle Accelerator Conference-2009 held at RRCAT, Indore during February 10-14, 2009.
- An indigenously developed electronic control system for Langmuir-Blodgett film deposition setup - by C.P.Navathe, D.S.Thakur et al. in Sadhana, Vol. 26, Part 3, June 2001, pp 213-225.
- Synchrotron Radiation Source Indus-1- by Gurnam Singh, D.S.Thakur, R.G.Marathe et. al. in the proceedings of 1st Indian Particle Accelerator Conference-2003 held at CAT, Indore during Feb.3-6, 2003;
- Status of Synchrotron Radiation Source Indus-1” by Gurnam Singh, D.S.Thakur et. al. in the proceedings of 2nd Indian Particle Accelerator Conference-2005 held at VECC, Kolkata during March 1-5, 2005.
- Indus-2: Machine performance and improvement studies” by Gurnam Singh, D.S.Thakur et. al. in the proceedings of 3rd Indian Particle Accelerator Conference-2006 held at BARC/TIFR, Mumbai during Nov. 1-4, 2006.
- Applications of Radiation Monitoring System at Indus Accelerator Complex” by Shri Vipin Dev, D.S.Thakur et.al. was published in the proceedings of 28th national Conference of Indian Association for Radiation Protection held at Defense Laboratory, Jodhpur during November 19-21, 2008.
- R.G. Marathe
- R.K. Gupta
- D.S. Thakur
- Vimal Bhatnagar
- A.D. Kherde
- V. Ramesh
- P. Haridas
- Mukesh Khare
- J. Azhakuvelavan